Huelva: one day trip
Huelva, a city and province in the south of Spain, has its beaches as its main attraction for those looking for tourist purposes.
Huelva is a Spanish city located in the region of Andalusia, in the southwest of the country. It was founded by the Phoenicians in the 9th century BC. It’s a city with a rich and fascinating history that includes the Roman presence, the Muslim conquest, and the era of great maritime discoveries.
Today, Huelva is a modern and vibrant city with a population of around 150,000. It is an important economic center, with an emphasis on the chemical industry, fishing, and agriculture in the land surrounding the city.
Mapa de Huelva
What to visit
My short stay in the city allowed me to get to know the riverside area with a garden walkway that connects the edge of the city to the industrial area. This tour begins at the historic Pontoon over the Rio Tinto, an example of an old pontoon where train wagons would overflow their contents onto the boats.
Along several kilometres, there is currently a landscaped waterfront with various supports and WCs that allow you to rest, exercise and enjoy the view of the Rio Tinto.
In the city, we recommend a visit to the Mercado Del Carmen, a traditional market with some tapas and bars and a stroll through its shopping streets, such as Avenida Martin Alonso Pinzón.
Another of the main tourist attractions in Huelva is the Monastery of La Rábida, which served as the starting point for Christopher Columbus’s expedition to the Americas, and is located after the Industrial Complex, in Lá Rábida. Nearby, there are still three relics of caravels that commemorate their voyage in 1492.
Huelva is also known for its beautiful beaches, such as Playa de Marzagón, near La Rábida. On the other side of the Rio Tinto is Punta Umbria, connected to Huelva by a highway and surrounded by pine forests and the sea, it is a well-known tourist resort. Here the beaches have extensive sand and the sea is usually calmer.
Search now for your stay and trip to Huelva
hotel compare tool from hotelcombined
Plan your trip using the following tools and/or website
Using the following links and tools on the website you are helping to maintain Scannertrip. This use is the same for you and you do not pay more for it. For Scannertrip it makes all the difference!!
- To find the best stays use Booking. It is one of the best websites for booking stays and always with some promotions on some destinations. The reliability and ease of booking and cancelling make it even the most popular.
- To compare prices for your Stays you can use the Hotels Combined or hotellook. These search engines show different prices from other websites for the same destination. There may possibly be a lower price for the same hotel on another website and these search engines will show it.
- When you are preparing what to do at your destination, you will obviously search for activities to occupy you. Use this activity comparator in the scannertrip provided by Musement, or tiqets or the civitatis.
- Transfers to and from the airport can be purchased via the website kiwitaxi. So you don’t need to get in touch with the different companies in your destination looking for the best price.
- If you choose to rent a car, also use the price comparators. The autoeurope website compares prices from different rental companies.
Did you like Huelva? Are you willing to visit it? You will undoubtedly find reasons to stay longer in the city and its surroundings and we hope this small day guide will be helpful to you. If you are curious, you can read other articles about Andalusia.