On an afternoon in autumn, spring or summer day walking through this pedestrian walkway is almost mandatory when visiting Alvor, located near Portimão.
On one of these afternoons, we visit what it’s known as one of the longest walkways in the Algarve. The Alvor Passadiços has a length of six kilometres (almost 4 miles) and connects the Três Irmãos beach to the Alvor River along the dunes and the river.
The course is sometimes done on a wooden structure but can also be done on well-marked paths.
It is the ideal place to walk, run or cycle and enjoy the landscape that is an “oasis of nature” located in an area of enormous urban pressure.
Compare the fly rates to FARO!
This map shows the centre of Alvor and the starting point of the Alvor Walkways.
Popular resorts in Alvor
When to visit
Walking on this walkway is easy because it’s on relatively flat terrain. We suggest visiting all year round but avoiding the hottest hours. Enjoy these hours to bathe in the excellent waters of the adjacent beaches.
How to visit
Alvor is close to Portimão city that it´s one of the most tourist areas of the Algarve. If you are staying in a hotel near Alvor it will not be difficult to reach Alvor beach. However, in the middle of summer, if you are far from Portimão / Alvor, take the A22 and exit at Alvor.
By plane, you should travel to Faro airport.
Compare prices for your holidays
Plan your trip using the following tools and/or website
Using the following links and tools on the website you are helping to maintain Scannertrip. This use is the same for you and you do not pay more for it. For Scannertrip it makes all the difference!!
- To find the best stays use Booking. It is one of the best websites for booking stays and always with some promotions on some destinations. The reliability and ease of booking and cancelling make it even the most popular.
- Transfers to and from the airport can be purchased via the website kiwitaxi. So you don’t need to get in touch with the different companies in your destination looking for the best price.
- If you choose to rent a car, also use the price comparators. The autoeurope website compares prices from different rental companies.
You liked Alvor! Portugal also has many things to over. You can find more articles about Portugal in our travel blog.
- Barranco do Demo Walkway: An Adventure Tour in the Algarve
- Crossing the Guadiana River in Algarve from Spain to Portugal on a zipline
- Discovering the beauty of Paiva Walkway and the emotion of crossing the 516 Bridge
- Falesia Beach: Guide to the number 1 beach in Albufeira and Vilamoura
- Discover the Wonders of Serra da Freita at Arouca Geopark, North of Portugal
- The wonders of Arouca, Portugal that you need to know
- Explore Coimbra: A Two Day Tour Guide
- Pedestrian Trail in Ferragudo, Algarve
- Algarve | Water Parks
- Fragas de São Simão walkway and Viewpoint | Figueiró dos Vinhos